2/1/09

Getting Plastered on Super Bowl Weekend

Well, Ok, not the way you think!! LOL
There's this wall in the basement that the stairs are attached to. The plaster has been broken off in a huge chunk from the ground floor basement door clear to the far wall, showing the strips of board underneath. It's been bugging me.

Well, Of course I have plaster, it's what I make my ceramic molds out of. So I was mixing up little batches of it yesterday - plaster dries QUICKLY - and patching the hole. What a drag! There was a little hole right around the light swtch, so I did that first, and then started down the wall. I was going to sand it down today, but it is still cool to the touch - not cured yet. Sigh.

Nancy had Jim bring one of the BIG rolls of hay for Lake yesterday. We put Lake in one of the stalls and shut the gat. She could smell it, though, and was pawing the dirt impatiently. He was kind enough to put it in the corral and turn it so we could roll it into the barn. Lake came immediately out of the stall when we opened the door, and went to munching. She is soooo fat already, but you'd'a thought she was starving! LOL It was warm yesterday - 50 degrees and sunny, with a wind. Today it is 35 and REALLY windy. They said we might get more snow flurries and it really clouded up for awhile but then the clouds went away and it is still sunny. I've been working on a deer roast and making apple turnovers and doing laundry.

I really don't care about the Super Bowl this year; I'll go in and watch it in between times but no team I like is playing, so I'm not glued to the screen. I have stuff to DO, after all!

Tammy finally got hooked back up with Mark again; now maybe they can sell that house. She is flying out to be with her new BF in Vegas soon; just for a short visit. He paid for the ticket. That's the first boyfriend she's ever had that WASN'T a parasitical whiny selfish pile of horse poop; that actually spoils her and treats her like she deserves. I'm glad she finally found someone decent. I kept telling her that the Jasper County and Aiken trash wasn't good enough for her, and I'm glad she finally realizes that there are more types of men - honest, hardworking, and decent - out there besides the scumsucking barbarfs she has been meeting. I of course am reserving my opinion of him until I see how he treats her without all of the sugar and spice, once the "new" wears off. Trust no one. But at least he has a J-O-B that he has had for years, and has some idea of where money comes from!

So we've been IM'ing back and forth, and Rodney sent me an invite to join Facebook, so now I'm on there with Jimmy and Blondie and the people I still like. It's fun to a degree; but I have a lot to do and can only bump in occasionally. And Linda Hunnicutt, the Granny Warrior whom I spent so much time with last year, found me on there too! Good - ANOTHER crazed old lady on there makes me feel less like I'm trying to fit in with the kids!

Who has TIME to drink and REALLY get plastered? Grin. When it warms back up into the 50's again, I HAVE to go clean that spoiled hay and horse poop out of the corral and wheel it over to the compost pile. And come March I'm ordering chickens, so we've GOT to get that garage down to build the coop! Sigh. Soooo much to do... And now it's already February! Winter's almost over and I feel like I haven't done a THING!!! ARRRGGGGHHHH

No comments: