6/20/09

Gawrsh it's hot.

OK, it's only 79, with about 20% humidity and a 25 mph southerly breeze; but it's HOT, especially when you have to work in it.

I'm doing laundry and working on some ceramics, also decided to make ice cream today. It is smooth and creamy and sitting in the freezer right now. There are little bits of fresh strawberries and bananas in it.I got some beautiful fresh red raspberries too, and cut them up into little pieces. Most of the strawberries and raspberries I cut up and froze, but I have a small bowl of raspberries smashed with sugar in the fridge. I couldn't resist keeping them out, even though I don't have the slightest idea what I will do with them. They are my favorite fruit. I made a big bowl of tuna salad, too; and am thawing chicken and Little Ceasar's cheese bread out for supper. Pondering what I can do with those things, too.

I'm staying inside today; mostly because, after all of the running around we did yesterday, I got sick and had to take some pills and sit very quietly for several hours. I HATE that. So much I needed/wanted to do, and of COURSE I was unable to finish. grrrrrrrrrr.

The chickens are getting bigger and bigger. They really love getting moved about the garden, getting new grass to pick and new bugs to eat every few days. The roosters in the stationary pen are getting big; I pull grass and feed it to them, too. The girl at the feed store said, "Why don't you feed them cracked corn instead of mash?" - because I want the roosters to be as fat as possible, not rangy yard birds, when I butcher them.

The remaining wild mama turkey wandered through the yard yesterday -with eleven chicks in tow. So cute.

Even though it hasn't rained in four days, the soil still is damp down below and the plants are growing beautifully. I'll have to get the tires out and put them around the potatoes soon. Everything's growing, almost everything is working out the way I want... so I hate being sick and miserable, hate having to be careful, hate having to go sit down and rest every little while. There's still so much to do!

No comments: