8/9/08

So Much to Do

Arrrggghhh.
Yesterday I spent 5 hours getting evaluated. Normal procedure - no doctor worth seeing ever hands a patient 10 days worth of 500 mg Cipro on their word, even if they have their medical records in hand, or a road map of surgical scars on their belly. Still, it was frustrating. Hey, I didn't want pain pills - don't need them, Tylenol PM knocks me out if I need it! - I'm not a drug addict, I swear!

But I have so much to do! Mike put a board up to cover a gap from the settling of the cement steps to the verandah, and I had to paint it. It will be a temporary fix til we can pour an additional concrete step. But as it gets cooler, I don't want critters under the verandah... a raccoon would be aggravating - a skunk would be NO fun at all. And we saw where someone had run over a rattlesnake down the block yesterday. I don't like rattlesnakes, but at least they TELL you where they are. With fall on the way, gotta keep an eye out. Don't want ANY critters thinking that my dryer exhaust is a nice warm place to nest!

But now I want to paint the stairs on the verandah to match the ones on the front porch, and I can't. Because I have to wirebrush them first to make the paint stick. And because the meds make me dizzy and sick to my stomach. Dammit dammit dammit. I'll do it soon. At least I'm feeling better now, not so puny. I HATE being sick! And this week is the county fair, and I don't want to miss ANYthing there. So here I sit, maddeningly still, sucking on boullion and chewing on toast, while a Tower (4 layer!!) carrot cake sits in the fridge. Dammit dammit dammit.

The Gang has cheerfully informed me this week that, should they have to evacuate in the event of a hurricane, they will be heading this way. LOL Some are threatening to stay! What a nutzoid group. IF they come at all - which I very ruefully doubt - I can pretty much bet on who would stay - and who wouldn't. But if they did, what fun it would be! Good thing I've stocked up on essentials. Lets see - Blondie and spouse, Shane and spouse and kids, Rodney and who knows??? - and Kelli and her son. (LOL Note to self - Got to hook Kelli up with a REAL cowboy if she comes out, let her see what a real man looks, smells, and talks like! AND got to put her son and Shane's kids on a horse, or at least let them see what the kids out here do!) Better get ready to get out the inflatable beds and sleeping bags and fold out the couch! LOL

Oldest son's birthday was yesterday, and in the spirit of 08-08-08, he gathered lottery lucky numbers from everyone to play. Ah, I hope the birthday boy had better luck than we normally do!

Mike is mowing the gardens today, before we are supposed to get thunderstorms. He will do the yard tomorrow - again, before we get the storms. Tammy is on and offline, debating how long and when to come out here in November - Thanksgiving or before? - and painting the floors of the old house she is fixing up for us to sell.

Arrrggghhh. I want to get up and DO! Gotta remember to ask Nancy for Lake's tack, especially if she gets a blanket in the winter. Gotta remember to do soooo many things....

I need a list! Oh, well, that's ONE thing I can do while I'm just SITTING here griping.

No comments: