12/29/08

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

It. Never. Freaking. FAILS.

Here I am, another week to go on my Christmas vacation, and things are finally starting to work out. The gold and silver did beautifully in the kiln, finally finished all of those ceramic thingies. I have to help butcher the 2nd deer hanging in th garage - even yesterday with the temps at 40, it was frozen solid. Got a letter from Joe Wilson, saying he is working on the project I asked him to and he will let me know the minute he hears something. It's good to have friends.

I wake up this morning and I have another. FREAKING. kidney infection.

With my SLE (systemic lupus) I have grown to expect these. If it isn't what's left of my colon freaking out, my kidneys are in revolt. I can't drink too much pepsi or even eggnog or cider, even unpolluted with liquor, because my kidneys go nutz. As long as I stick to water, tea, and coffee I'm ok, but you know I love the holidays... sigh.

The meds I take taste terrible. You'd think they could put something that horrific in a gelcap, but noooooooo. They make my whole mouth taste like I just licked clean a metal kitty litter box. Plus they make me sick to my stomach, so even though I am supposed to drink lots of water with them, just the thought turns my stomach. Arrrrggghhh.

So much to do and so much I want to do and my stupid body cannot keep up with me. Stupid body.

No comments: