3/14/09

Mad at Myself

I do not have enough ass.
Dammit.
I do not have enough ass to keep that rototiller in line in the sand!!

I used to be able to wrastle it through the clay with no problem - there was enough resistance on the tines and wheels to keep it steadily going, munching through everything. But in the light sand here, it just takes off, even when I pull the bail down to 1/3 speed.

Now I either have to start hoeing lines - which will take forever - or DH will have to do it. ARGH. He can only do a little at a time; probably a half a row at a time, because of his injuries. I started to get the hoe out and he told me not to... he'll do it. Of course it will take lots longer than it should. Not that I'm ready to plant immediately or anything - but still. It pisses me OFF when I can't do the things I want and need to!

I need a tractor, dammit.

I can still get out there and get the trash and carpet out of the East Garden. THAT will take a hoe - bundles of carpet laid and scattered, willy nilly, folded and twisted and rotted. I'll just back up the truck and pile it all in the bed and take it to the dump. Paul uses it there to keep down weeds.

I did manage to get the woodbox filled again. As beautiful as it is today, the sun shining, 60 degrees outside, warm and springlike, I know that there will be more wood for the fire needed. Even though the maples and the lilacs are budding out already, I still know that snow is a usual thing in April here, sometimes even in May. No seeds will be planted here for at least six weeks, and certainly no plants will be put out - at least, not by me.

Tomorrow I will get out the pump and pump out the melted snow from the pond and get it cleaned out; put the stones around it that Tammy brought me in November.

Grrr. Think I'll go bake something - maybe caramel rolls? - to cheer myself up.

No comments: