5/25/09

Memorial Day

The chicks are getting huge. If there are no thunderstorms I may be able to get out and finish planting today. The pumpkins in the pots are trying to bloom already!

I'd love to take the babies out and put them in their chicken tractors; but am worried that they'll still be able to get out underneath the 'yard' frames.

Circle C was Saturday, and we did so much - going to the school and getting the six-foot poles, the electronics, and the speakers for the parade, setting those up and announcing the parade, then tearing it all down and taking it back; getting the school benches loaded and taken down to the park then back again, helping Paul load up some BIG iron and wood picnic tables/benches, working the buffet line - whew. Mike wired in my karaoke machine to the sound system so I played music in the misty rain while folks played horseshoes and got lined up. My back and legs were sore all day yesterday, so I goofed off.

I was very tired but feel better today. I got the feeling that some people didn't like that I was everywhere and doing stuff as a newcomer that they wouldn't do. Fact is that some folks complain that the town and Circle C is dying, but on't understand that the reason it is dying is because they don't get involved. Even people whom I had asked to volunteer, who had refused, showed up. This is THEIR town, after all. I'm glad I could be a catalyst for that; I don't WANT that responsibility. Been their done that sold the T-shirt.

Turns out I have to work at least til the end of May and then sporadically throughout the summer as things happen. 10 month job, hunh? LOL Well, at least I can get prepared for the coming year and not feel like a persona non grata on campus!

It is 6:00 and I am watching some dark clouds come in from the West. I am going to get dressed in spite of them and get ready to go out. Only 60 deg, only supposed to get to 70, but I have stuff to do and this is perfect planting weather, even and especially if it rains!

No comments: