5/19/08

The Packers come today

Well, the packer... Denise.
Can't believe they are only sending one woman; poor girl!! At least Tammy came over Sat and Sun and helped Mike in the attic; what a chore that was! I have been down here throwing out stuff, packing stuff. Got to pack the suitcases today; we will need a week's worth of clothes just like Tammy and I did and be prepared to do laundry.

Mike and I are both sore and tired, and the burn pile has been going non-stop. Late yesterday he found the box of documents and photos we had gotten from mother years ago - her divorce decrees among them from her two husbands before Dad. That should make my brother Jim happy! We will give him the one from his Dad.

Rodney's little party for us Saturday night at his club was so nice; Cheetah and the guys and John the bandleader were so funny. "Have you ever worked a farm before?" Yes, but always someone else's, except for our own chickens and produce. I told them about working on the farm in OH; over a thousand acres and I plowed it on a tractor, ripping off my shirt to get a tan because it was hot and there was no one around for, well, miles. Cheetah grew up on a farm, and is now a bartender and real estate guy. He likes being in busyness and bustle. He is smart and funny and young. Working with him and Freddy and the rest of the guys was so much fun. Rodney bought me so many cards and such a beautiful wooden plaque with a picture of us together. I will miss him sooo much. He has been so wonderful and such a good friend. 20 years is a long time to be such good and trusting friends. He is not the only person I'll miss, but he is my dearest friend and always will be.

Last night we hugged each other and said, Three More Days! The drive will be hell, but we are going to go as slowly as we can to give Mike and the puppies an opportunity to rest and walk and relax.

Oh, well, back to work!! Probably won't get back on here til we are on the road, with my laptop.

2 comments:

Southern Focus Designs said...

Saturday night was fun...I am going to miss ya!

Baxtherin said...

Wiley,
Hope everything is going well traveling. Just want you to know that there are people out there reading and cheering for you.
-Travis (a.k.a. Baxtherin from BHM forums)