5/9/08

Still busy

Packing and packing and throwing away stuff. Wish I could burn this useless stuff; it isn't what I want to be in the trash dump where anyone can get their hands on it.
Not enough boxes!!! Arrrgghhh. And lots of ceramics stuff; I'll have enough to decorate for every holiday. The front room/bay window will be our front office and 'pretty table' presentation for the window. The Scarlett O'Hara portrait and GWTW framed ads will go there, along with the computer and the table with the Fort Sumpter chess set. Then for Halloween and Christmas I'll have plenty to put up there on the table as well...
Showed Jimmy the house pic last night on my phone. He loved it. He knows that this is what I want; have always wanted. Sent him the links to the webpage and this blog as well; so he can keep track of us and how things go. Blondie has been keeping him posted, but hadn't told him we were leaving so soon.
The house appraisal was yesterday; Nancy texted me to let me know. She said that they told Larry he'd have to be done by Tuesday! So I guess my little conversation with Reba worked; I'm glad. Dave Nelson from the furniture store called this week too; Mike's bed was unavailable so they ordered a slightly more expensive one. It should be there when we get there along with the chair. They were nervous ordering a chair in "forest green" - didn't want to pick the color without my approval; I told them that as long as it wasn't yellowish it would be fine! The two recliners - his and mine - will go in the 'family room' - with the woodburning stove at one end and the entertainment center at the other. We can turn the chairs to face either if we want! LOL
It has very few windows, small and very high up, so it will be cozy; a little "cave" of seclusion. Think I'll put the freezer on the enclosed back porch; a nice little pantry shelving is there already. Perfect for food storage and a mud room; keep things cool and there are hooks and nails for outerwear in the winter. Might get Mike to make doors for the shelves, though. Have to see what the summer is like.
Been packing clothes in my BR in clear plastic tubs. The tiny room upstairs with the slanted roof we just might turn into a walkin closet. One thng for sure is that I won't have to buy clothes for a loooong looong time! Glad I'll finally NOT have to be in different clothes all of the time so I can stop worrying abot how I look and what people think if I wear the same thing over and over. And NOT having to put on makeup will help my lupus lesion on my face. Bad enough I was never much to look at anyway; the lesion just looks so bad and sometimes hurts and bleeds. No more of THAT, either. If the two weeks I spent out there drinking that pure water and eating that natural food is any indication, we are going to be a lot healthier, too.
I need to find a local rabbit supplier for the greenhouse when we get out there...
Can't forget the Star Gazer party the last week in June on the Reservoir, and we have been invted to the Dexter Cattle Show in Hastings July 9-11. Looking forward to meeting all of the people I've been chatting with on the CityData and Dexter Forums!

No comments: