10/23/08

No Snow just rain... sigh

OK, there were a few flurries today, but nothing that stuck. Down south and east of us, had snow; not a lot, but at least it stuck. Sigh.

This morning at 6:45 AM I went to the Drama club's practice for the high school at the community center in town. These kids are really good. I'll be helping them with makeup and costumes - I've already emailed Thomas in Vegas to see if he has some contacts there for what we'll need. Gone are the days I could just hop in the car and drive to Acme to pick up what I needed. The closest place to walk-in is in Rapid, about three hours away. So we'll find what we need online or wherever we can.

Had a success at work; the filing I had to do for the state was stymied by a simple problem that the secretary in Lincoln solved by tapping a button on her keyboard. Pow - put everything in, submitted, done. After the training from our online data managing group yesterday morning, and the DVD I got from the State, it still was not simple - but just getting to know the process and getting the paperwork straight and THEN filing it neatly will be a help. I HATE flying blind.
I'm making recoerds of everything I learn and everything I do to not just remind me what needs to be done but so that if I am not there, anyone can pick up where I left off.

Came home and loaded up the woodstove again. The wind has died down to 15 mph, but the damp cold is pervasive. Tomorrow is a half-day and I will take Mike to Valentine to pick up his meds and to get a few things for the house, and of course the Halloween candy. Got to get the spiderwebs up, and carve the pumpkin yet. Well, this weekend it should be in the 60s again.

No comments: