6/16/08

Today was not a good day

No, not at all. Bad stomach cramps in the AM, and it was raining at 600, so I went down into the basement for 4 hours and quietly unpacked my molds and kiln furniture and ceramics. I arranged my room as much as I could. I need to get the other two tables up, but I was trying to be quiet and peaceful, hoping the pain would go away. It didn't. When I came upstairs, I was hurting so bad that I went back to bed. I took my medication - I HATE it; it makes me so tired - and Mike made me two rum-n-cokes and I fell asleep for an hour. Then I just kinda lay around and watched TV.

The sky was red and gold this morning, and it was chilly. It was so pretty I had to take a picture of it, though. I knew it meant more rain, but I just can't get over the powerful colors in the sky here. I so much wanted to get out and rototill the garden today! It should be totally different than digging thru all of that hardpack clay down South. Because of the rain and resultant cold, most folks' freshly planted gardens are not doing well. The grasses on the hills are so tall and green already, though! Since I haven't been able to plant too much, I'm thinking that everything but the cole crops could still go in... The cabbages, peas, and lettuces will have to wait til late August to take advantage of the fall weather. I have a feeling that it will get pretty warm here pretty quickly. The sunflower seeds I dropped in the garden between the roses and daylilies last week are already coming up. I'll have to get that white fence sanded and repainted to give them a good backdrop - and before I put too many drops of white paint on them! LOL

Nancy got me hooked up with the local artists' group here; there is a retreat of sorts this week and I plan on dropping by. It is at Merritt Dam at the cabins, so nice and peaceful. And yesterday at the Hub I met a lady who invited me to the Relay for Life in Valentine on July 12. Well, I want to take part but the day before we are supposed to be in Kearney at the Dexter show, so I don't know... a little late to get involved, and I would rather work with a team than just walk a track.
Dearest Charles wrote me a response to my most recent email to him; he says I have so much energy I make him tired. If he would have seen me today, he would not think so! I bust my butt until I just collapse; not good for me, I know, but I have to take advantage of the days I feel good and get things done. But, dang, I noticed today that my muscles are coming back with a vengeance; especially my tummy and thighs. I love being muscled, tough, and strong, and hate being fat. The more I do the more I CAN do, and that is a good feeling. Until a day like today!

No comments: