9/23/08

The Onions! Are Up!!

Yup, there they were this morning. After an inch of rain last night (I'm surprised any hit the ground, the wind was blowing so hard) I had little green stems, about half an inch high, popping up in 2 neat little 25 foot long rows.

Ummmmm. Onions!

I finally managed to get out on the roof of the porch and paint my bedroom window frames. Then I had to repaint the basement door one more time; it really looks good. Mike was kidding me about the red rectangles on the door; I told him that since the door and the house were white, and on the north ( incoming snowdrift) side, we might need to find that door! Being very fastidious, he put a good strong molding around the door too, to help seal it against the weather.
So I painted that red, too. You can see it even behind the storm door. 'Way kewl.

I made sausage and gravy and biscuits and green beans for lunch, and then I cleaned up - really scrubbed - the kitchen. I love the smell of Ajax powder; so clean and 'bleachy'.

I went out and scrubbed that area rug one last time. The smell is gone at last. I need to hang it now instead of having it spread out on the pallet on the sawhorses and spray it down really really well one last time tomorrow; that should do it for the smell and the colors. It practically glows now.

Tomorrow we have to go to Valentine to pick up Mike's meds. We also need some cash - it's Homecoming on Friday, and we need to go to the town picnic and then the game. The picnic is free but the game is $2 apiece. Plus Pat and Cathy and I are going out again this weekend for Pat's birthday... I need to bake some more bread, there's only 2 loaves and some rolls in the freezer; I'll do that Thursday I guess.
So busy...
But - the onions are up!

No comments: