9/7/08

What a Sweet Smell!

It is dismal outside, cool and cloudy and drizzling rain. A perfect day to harvest the basil and thyme seeds and leaves. A quick stripping, and into the dehydrator the leaves go, into small 'snack' Ziploc bags the seeds go, for next year's tantalizing and spicy harvest.

Today is Sunday Chicken Buffet day at the Hub; as the leaves dehydrate and fill the air with their sweet and spicy odor, we'll go down and socialize. Yummers.

Doing laundry too, nice smell from the basement of clean linens, rising up thru the basement door and wafting on the slight breeze from the dryer vent outside.

And to top it all off I dug out my "fall" decorations; they have been tightly wrapped in plastic bags and boxed up since last winter, along with the cinnamon/clove potpourri I sprinkle liberally about this time of year. Ummmm...

All these smells make me want to make some spicy tomato/basil bread, to get ready for holiday baking already. The house just glows with soft lights and intoxicating, comforting scents. Ahhhhhh. A perfect "gloomy" day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Bea! I've been a lil behind on reading your blog but I just wanted you to know that it absolutely makes my day. It puts a smile on my face and I have to read it to Casey. He wants some bread! LOL Miss ya!