9/27/08

Quiet Saturday

Well, after the Homecoming parade, picnic, and game yesterday, Pat's birthday was down at the Hub. I got home at 1:30 AM, but got right back up at 6:30 AM as always. We are out of bread, so I needed to bake more. If changes happen the way I hope this week (further, deponent sayeth not!) I might have my time cut shorter than ever, so today I am baking two batches - one whole wheat and one oat batch.

Today is our 26th wedding anniversary. Mike is cleaning the 'stuff' out of his closet to go up into the attic - suitcases, an army cot, all sorts of things under the list of 'don't need now, will need later or someday'.

It was chilly this morning, and poor little Phydeaux's old bones just couldn't take it. So I put him in his turtleneck sweater, which of course he hates. But he has stopped his shivering and is nestled on Mike's bed. He dug his way under the comforter and sheet. It feels good to me - lovely and cool - and I am quite comfortable. Sasha is of course a walking rug - but she got so jealous when we put on Phydeaux's sweater that apparently she wants one of her own! LOL Dogs.

Looking forward to the real cooler weather....

1 comment:

Lane1021 said...

Hi! Just a quick note to let you know how much I love your blog! I just discovered it a few weeks ago and have just now caught up on all your previous entries. I can't say that we have everything in common but we do have a lot, enough so that I look forward to reading your very interesting account of your new life. Just wanted you to know that someone 'out here' appreciates all your hard work. La'Nelle