9/19/08

Turkeys, Paint, and Tacos

Here's what we saw first thing this morning in the garden -
The turkey chicks are getting BIG - ready to crown a dinner or two. I've been putting corn out to keep them around; now I'll aggressively put it out the last 3-4 weeks to help sweeten the meat and fatten the little darlings. I hate the feathers but I do love the meat!
And I did get up on the ladder and onto the bay window overhang to paint; now my house looks like a candy cane and seems so clean and pretty. It will make a perfect backdrop for my Christmas lights! See the scarecrow on the front porch? The garden where the turkeys were is on the right, right behind the East side porch, which we call "the verandah".
And since it's Mike's day to cook, he has planned tacos, burritos, and refried beans. This and the Hub are about as close as we get to "fast food" any more!
We went to Valentine yesterday, and the road back was so beautiful with all of the leaves turning bright colors. We want to go down to the river this weekend and take pictures of the glorious fall colors here. The reds and yellows are iridescent!
But right now, I've got to go turn off the sprinkler on the onions and get washed up for dinner!

No comments: